Saturday, February 20, 2010

Creating My Own RPG

Hi, sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I have been busy working on my own pen & paper RPG.  The system will be entitled Epic Fantasy.  It is a fantasy RPG with a setting similar to D&D, but should be a complete reinvention of the genre.  I am shooting for a streamlined dice system that will be easy for beginners, but get progressively more advanced as characters progress.  It will have about 20 classes with 10 distinct races, an extensive magic system with arcane, divine, and mental magic, and a combat system that is both realistic and easy to use.  This comes from over twenty years of role-playing experience.  I am currently about fifty percent done.  I still need to finish some GM chapters and a bestiary section, get the artwork finished, then type-set it in publisher to make it look nice.  I plan on having it ready in PDF format by the end of March or April.  I will post a play-test version here when it is finished, and the full version will be available on RPGnow.  I will keep you guys updated as it gets closer to being finished.  If you have any suggestions, I am all ears.  Thanks, and wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. What type of dice system are you going with? D20? Dicepool? Something comepeletly different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I can't wait tp play Epic Fantasy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete